The New York City Code Camp is now in October!
This is the NYC developer community's sixth Code Camp!
October 1, 2011.
Check in starts at 7:30 AM.
One Pace Plaza New York, NY 10038.
What's a Code Camp and why should I go?
A Code Camp is technical event for professional software developers and students. The Code Camp event are hosted by software developers, technologists, and those in related technical fields, who have volunteered their time to organize an event packed with technical sessions in a variety of topics. You'll find industry expert speakers presenting on a range of topics from the practical, everyday advice of dealing with legacy code, to demonstrations of the latest, shiniest, technology.
A Code Camp isn't just about sitting in sessions - there's a lot of professional and social networking, both during and after the events. If you're looking for work, it's a great way to scope out opportunities.
Although Code Camps are usually free, NYC is an expensive place. Even with the help of our awesome sponsors, there's many costs left, so this Code Camp has a $15 fee. But it's more than worth it...
Developers! Here's what you get:
- Talk tech with industry experts and MVPs, or chat with Microsoft employees.
- There's lots of great sessions and content for all developers on both Microsoft and non Microsoft platforms.
- Network and find freelance opportunities or full time jobs.
- Sharpen your skills!
- Yes, there's food! The attendance fee covers Breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages.
- Lots of SWAG, free software, giveaways, and prizes.
Students! Jump ahead of your classmates in your career!
- See real world software development, in action, before you graduate.
- Talk to real world developers, and get advice on your projects, careers, interviewing, and more.
- Learn how to leverage your academic knowledge in the workplace.
- Learn how to monetize apps, and make some extra cash!
Once you've registered...
We're excited to provide the opportunity for attendees of the code camp to vote for the sessions you'd most like to see! We'll tally up the votes, and your votes will weigh heavily in the final schedule. BUT… you must be registered for the code camp in order for your votes to count!
You must also be registered on the code camp site with the SAME email address in order to vote.
Voting is only opened from midnight, September 6, 2011, through 11:59:59 PM, September 8, 2011!
When you have registered, and are ready to vote, please visit our voting page.